Free video hosting, video codes at www.vidiLife.com

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Monmouth



Monmouth is a small town in Wales. It is not famous by itself but famous for the people who once lived here. (The people here were awfully nice too. I left my cap at a fish n chips shop and an elderly man actually followed me through town to tell me that I left it there. When I went back to collect it, every customer in the shop seemed to know where it was kept; at a display corner just beside a miniature statue of a cod! Simply AMAZING)
The black statue is the founder of the Rolls Royce engine who was apparently the first person to die in an aeroplane crash in the UK. Interesting huh? The white statue is of King Henry V who was born in Monmouth. King Edward (from Braveheart) who tried to unify England with Scotland and Wales had attempted to bolster relations with the Welsh by sending his wife to Wales to deliver his child. His first child was indeed a boy.Since then, the first son of the Monarch is called the Prince of Wales.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home